Monday, August 26, 2013

how did it go?

How did Chana's first Chumash go after vacation?

Bear in mind, Chana didn't really have summer vacation.  We did Chumash every day until she went to sleepaway camp, finishing up Parshas Tetzave right before she left.  And when she came back, we did some Navi right before we went on vacation.

So, how did it go?

The answer is I have no idea.

I was on the phone with a dear friend who called me to catch up.  In the middle of this conversation, Chana, who had been awake for over an hour already, decided to do Chumash.  I told her it wasn't a good time for me.  She realized she finished the parsha so it's a week of chazara.  She opened to rishon.  She said, "It's 8 pages."  I nodded, since I was on the phone.  She did it herself.  She complained that she didn't know some words.  I handed her a translation.  She called me over at one point to remind her what "ephod" is since it was translated as "ephod."  I said apron and she remembered.  Then she finished.

So I guess everything was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment