Saturday, March 20, 2010

review

i mused out loud as chana was brushing her teeth getting ready for bed: what is the next thing we have to do?

chana said: "review."

i told her i decided we won't review inside.

her face spread into a smile: "we won't?"

i said that i think we did enough inside. i said, what was the pasuk about? she said, "i don't remember." i said, "hashem told..."
chana: "i don't remember."
me: "adam and..."
chana: "his wife!"
me: "that he gave them..."
chana: "food"
me: "what food?"
chana: "fruits..."
me: "and what else?"
chana: "seeds from the grass."
ok, it's grass that seeds. good enough! onwards.

2 comments:

  1. At one point would you mind expanding on your approach to "unschooling" in general? How exactly does it work? How does a child become proficient in, say, mathematics, science or grammar without any curriculum? I am not raising a "kushya", I am just asking informationally how this is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the previous comment was from Josh Maroof.

    ReplyDelete