Wednesday, June 6, 2018

This and that

Lots going on now.  Testing is finished.  I'm in the middle of a massive psychoeducational diagnosis situation with Chen, which I'll write all about when we get the results.  It's taking months and I look forward to having it all wrapped up tidily with a bow.  Hahaha.

***

Elazar handled a customer chat situation (he was the customer) this morning about a t-shirt he tried to design and buy, but it turned out that he wanted to use a character from Undertale which is trademarked.  So apparently he is capable of reading, comprehending, and responding on a fairly adult level.  Basic competence in society--check.

***

Elazar asked my husband to learn mishna at 10:50pm last night.  Despite us trying to have a stern policy of our doors closing at 10:30pm, my husband couldn't find it in his heart to refuse him.

***

The other day, Chen was on the couch and she asked me what an isosceles triangle is.  I told her it's a triangle with 2 equal sides.  Then I asked if she was watching the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend's Triangle Song because unschoolers frequently look up things because they come across them.  And that's how they learn.

"No," she told me.  "I'm studying for the ACTs."  😆




No comments:

Post a Comment