Monday, September 3, 2018

unschooling and letting go of expectations

Elazar asked if he can explore the storage room.  I said sure. 

He found the human body toy and they played with that.

He just told me he found lots of little legos.

I went down and saw he found the physics "simple machine" lego kits I bought over a decade ago that I never used.

I told them that there are instructions and it's physics.  I'm in conflict--encourage them to use them in the way they were designed to be used?  Or take a chill, pill, and let them enjoy it how they want?

Knowing Elazar, he'd rather scavenge the parts that look good to him to use for whatever project he's doing.  But Jack likes following instructions.

Sure enough, Jack came down to play with the kit and Elazar came upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment