Thursday, December 23, 2021

#goals

A dear family friend asked me how I set goals. 

That's a loaded question, and maybe I'll write a few posts addressing different facets.

But one of the subquestions was about goals for my children. I've written before about educational goals but today I'm thinking about grown children. Two fifths of my children are grown.   

I don't have goals for my grown children. 

All I can have is goals for MY relationship with my children. Which is about how I'M going to behave. Not about them. 

My goals for that are pretty simple: 
  • That they enjoy spending time with me (which pretty much is about me keeping my mouth shut about their life choices and me being pleasant to them)

  • and that I don't dread seeing or hosting them because I've taken on food or housekeeping tasks that overwhelm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment