Tuesday, April 14, 2020

hebrew reading fluency

The goal: To be able to read as quickly as speaking

E is pretty accurate at this point.  (Kaf and chaf, pey and fey, he still confuses.  And he doesn't ever use a shva nach yet.)  But I want him to be able to read more fluently.  Reading more doesn't seem to be picking up his pace (I've been trying that for the last month) and he doesn't like to read so much at once.

My friend told me about R' Jonathan Rietti's method to increase speed and accuracy:

Read a sentence.
Self assess how fast it was (assuming accuracy and fluency are already in place) on a 1-5 scale. Then decide if you want to read it again aiming for faster speed.
And we’ve done that repeating the sentence 5-6 times and speed does pick and AND it picks up globally not just for that sentence, if you keep up with it and practice.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment