Monday, May 9, 2016

sometimes i really don't have the guts to unschool

Yesterday was busy and today was busy.  Yesterday I prioritized "me" time and went to a friend to watch a TV show and spent only 15 minutes reviewing one rashi and ramban inside, and one ramban outside.  And today it's almost 8pm and I decided to given Aharon a bath (for some reason I have a really hard time getting my kids to bathe.  In the winter it's not as urgent as now that it is spring and that darling little boy sweat from a hard day of playing has to be cleaned at the end of the day.  I have to really push them and actually run the tub and hunt them down and herd them in and bathe them separately so they don't get wild) and I'm tired.  So I don't know when Chana was planning to work with me today.  But Elazar and I got home from parkour at 1, then Chana went to school at 2:45 and came home at 4:30, and recuperated from that until 6:30 Japanese, and that's the end of the day.  I want to curl up in bed with a book, but there is bedtime to get through.  Jack is still running around outside with friends (yay, daylight savings time).

My anxiety about Chana not working every day is warring with the unschooling philosophy that she will pick it up again when she is interested.  And she will be excited to read and do Bio when she is missing it and wants to learn again.  And she will learn it more easily, more efficiently, and with greater energy and pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment