Friday, June 15, 2018

No Ball Playing In the House

I am at the stage of life where I have the same thought numerous times a day.  And that thought is: Do I really need to tell them to stop throwing that ball in the house?  What are the odds something will actually break?  And if it does (light fixture, computer, speaker, window, picture frame), how expensive is it?  Maybe it's worth letting them play ball in the house?

Bounce.  Bounce.  Bounce.  The ball thuds off the walls.  And I keep my mouth shut.

A couple of weeks ago, when I objected to their game because of the amount of breakables out, they cleaned off all the glasses and dishes off of the dining room table and then played ball.

I searched for my post about saying Yes instead of saying No and I found it.  Ick.  I had blocked that out, I guess.

I was about to hit "post" and a ball smacked me in the face.  Luckily, it's one of those lightweight balls.




1 comment:

  1. I just heard Chen say, "No more! You keep hitting me!" and the thudding bounces have stopped. For now.

    ReplyDelete